Saturday, January 21, 2006
Just some stuff...  



Cheri Dennis - I Luv U Okay, so, let me first start off by saying that I love this song. She's the latest addition to Bad Boy Entertainment, and she takes me back to 2001 one, with the nice lyrics and danceable beat and all of that. But this sounds like something taken straight off of Latrelle unreleased Arista album, "Dirty Girl, Wrong Girl, Bad Girl," which, was in large part, produced by The Neptunes. I like this song so much, but it almost makes me upset because her voice, her ad libs...all of it sounds like Latrelle. If you're previously unfamiliar with Latrelle, download some of her stuff ("House Party," "Long Night," "Infatuated With Your Love," & "My Life") and then compare this song to those. You'll see what I mean.
download



Robin Thicke - Against the World Taken from the In the Mix soundtrack, but a great song, nonetheless. This song definitely showcases Robin Thicke's great vocal talent and writing abilities. It's almost sad that this white boy makes better R&B/soul music than most of the male R&B talent out there. I personally think he should have kept the songs that he wrote for Usher for himself ("Can U Handle It?" and "Dot Com"). Take a listen to this and see why. His voice does every song justice.
download

Keri Hilson - Hands & Feet Another track taken from In the Mix, this is another one of Timbaland's many female proteges. And maybe this record shows that she should try to stick with Timbaland. One of Hilson's first ever releases, I must admit that I was sort of disappointing. Even though the bassline makes you wanna hit the slow wind, I think she could have done much better than this. Maybe next time, Keri...
download

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------