Wednesday, March 15, 2006
Gnarls Barkley  

Gnarls Barkley is: Cee-Lo Green and Danger Mouse.

The album is: St. Elsewhere.

The sound is: Fuckin ridiculous.

I'm not one for listening to this kind of music, but alas I can dig it simply because I dig the G-funk and Prince influenced riffs. Cee-Lo has gone outside his mind with this one (for instance, I know you peeped that photo up there) but the funky thing about this is, it works. As weird as it may be at first, it works...

Two samples of who Gnarls Barkley is:
Gnarls Barkley - Gone Daddy Gone - Download
Gnarls Barkley - Basically - Download

Gone Daddy Gone is the one that will give you the screw face for a little bit. Rock influenced vocalization, reminds me of some Euro trip music...

Basically is the calmer track, Cee-Lo eloquent with the lyrics speaking on a woman and her wrongs and how its all so basic.

I've heard a couple of other tracks from them, Danger Mouse (the man who remixed Jay's Black Album thus creating The Grey Album) tries out alot of sounds on this, and Cee-Lo finds away to compliment each track. As odd as both of them may seem, like I said... this shit finds away to work.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------